Saturday, October 24, 2020

October 2020 Readathon Live Blog

October 25, 11:25 a.m.
I finished my final book, Divine Self-Investment by Tripp Fuller at around 4 a.m., one hour before the end of the readathon.  But I was so exhausted from pushing myself to finish this book that I immediately went to bed without an update.  So, I didn't make it the full 24 hours, especially if you include the hours when I was traveling or in my virtual reunion meetings, but I cam pretty close.  Also, I ultimately feel like I will have to reread Divine Self-Investment at some point in the future as I feel my reading of it was affected by my exhaustion.  This was a complicated book and I am not sure how Mr. Fuller got to the conclusions that he did, so a more careful reading is called for.  But, that is the end of this readathon.  I look forward to the next one.  And next time, I will make sure that I am not interrupted and have the ENTIRE day to read.


8:47 p.m.
After another reunion event catching up with old friends from grad school and getting a small dinner, I finally completed the poetry book I was on, There Should be Flowers by Joshua Jennifer Espinoza.  I wasn't sure whether or not I was going to like this book, but it turned out to be great.  I highly recommend it to poetry lovers, particularly and trans readers out there.  Now, on to Divine Self-Investment by Tripp Fuller.

5:06 p.m.
I finally finished a book that I have been stuck on for over a month now, The Gospel as Social Revolution by Timothy Black.  It's an incredibly detailed look at why evangelical Christians should consider poverty alleviation to be central to our Gospel mission and not on the periphery.  He also examines a program in South Africa to show how evangelicals could implement such a program based on the needs of the local community.  Now that I have gotten books that I had already started reading out of the way, it's time to start some new books!
2:42 p.m.
So my break took way longer than I expected it to, but now I am back and ready to get into my next book, The Gospel as Social Revolution by Timothy Black.

10:26 a.m.
I'm on a bit of a break right now as I am taking part in my grad school's online reunion right now.  Then I have to travel a little bit with my wife, but I'll get back to reading on the car ride.  See you soon.!

8:23 a.m.
I just finished reading my first book for the day, The Diary of Young Girl by Anne Frank.  Strangely, this my first time ever reading this book as I somehow managed to make it through public school without encountering this book in any class that I took.  I know I read some book about the Holocaust, I just don't remember what it was.  A pity it wasn't this one.

5:58 am
It's been a while since I have done a live blog of a readathon and what better time than to start with Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon in October. I just got finished with some devotional reading and now I am moving on to The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank, which I have less than 100 pages to complete.    For the sake of my sanity, I will only be updating this blog when complete something or take a break of some sort.  Let the reading adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Search This Blog